Training and Support
How to Get Started
What is Creative Cloud?
Creative Cloud provides a bundle of apps and services for video, graphic design, photography, and web site development. It’s easy to get started with built-in tutorials and templates. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, anyone can shine. Get ready to be inspired! Create and share thoughts and ideas, no design expertise needed.
You get over 20 creative apps that work together across devices. Start a project on your phone and finish it on your laptop. Access your favorite graphics and fonts from any app, and share your work from anywhere.
- Adobe Apps for Education
- Whether you’re a Creative Cloud beginner, an expert, or in between, you’ll find tons of tutorials at your level
- Free templates to get you started and project ideas to keep you going.
- Copyright & Fair Use
- File Management — Find all of your apps, creative work, and resources for learning in one place.
- Technical Training (General)
- UNM Continuing Education — Adobe Series
- Adobe CC Campus Partner Interest Inventory Survey (Summer 2019)
- Adobe Help Center
- Creative Cloud Tutorials
List of Workshops by App
- Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop
- Getting Started with Adobe Lightroom CC
- Introducing InDesign
- Getting Started with Adobe Acrobat
- Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Rush CC
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Get Started with Adobe Audition
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Get Started with Adobe Premiere Pro
Learn & Support by App
How to Download & Install
Adobe Creative Jams
Adobe hosts periodic Creative Jams: quick design challenges coupled with a technology bootcamp designed to get individuals up to speed on the tools and ready to share their ideas and creativity in a fun competition. In conjunction with Adobe and UNM Honors, we recently hosted a student video competition aligned with the Lobo Experience. Winners walked away with cash prizes and great pieces for their portfolios. More to come!
UNM is planning a variety of support resources to help you get started and succeed with Adobe Creative Cloud. This includes help for basic questions about accounts and access through online tutorials and in person training and workshops.
Account and NetID questions
Please contact the UNM IT Help Desk at 505-277-5757.
Installation and Configuration questions
While installation and configuration is reasonably straightforward, the Lobo Brain Bar is available to walk students through installation processes.
Online Course and UNM Learn questions
Please contact UNM Learn support at 505-277-0857, or put in a ticket through the “Create a Support Ticket” tool in UNM Learn.
The best place to get started with using software in the Adobe Creative Cloud is in the application itself. All Creative Cloud applications have built-in tutorials and help resources. The Adobe Help Center has “Get Started,” “Tutorials,” and “User Guide” sections for each software title in the Adobe Creative Cloud. YouTube also often has short user-created videos with tips, tricks, and workarounds.
Creative Cloud – Application Support (Located in LoboLab, SUB Lower Level)
Application support is also available in the LoboLab (located in the Student Union Building). Our employees can provide a general overview, or show you how to perform a specific task with Adobe applications. Technical questions will be referred to the Lobo Brain Bar. Availability is below, hours subject to change.
|Monday||8:30am — 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am — 12:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am — 5:30pm|
|Thursday||2:00pm — 5:30pm|
|Friday||8:30am — 5:00pm|
|Saturday||12:00pm — 5:00pm|